Paul Manning, principal at Manning Environmental Law, will speak at Insight’s 4th Annual Ontario Mining Forum next month.
Conference Highlights include:
- “Getting it right” in the Ring of Fire
- Building consensus for mining development
- P3 infrastructure development in the Ring of Fire
- Walking the path together
- Federal and provincial environmental assessment – making the process work
- Financing mining projects
- Engaging Aboriginal communities – the duty to consult and engage
The conference will be held at the Valhalla Inn in Thunder Bay on June 18 and 19, 2014. Paul is delighted to have been invited to join a distinguished faculty of speakers that includes a keynote from the Honourable Michael Gravelle, Minister of Northern Development and Mines.
Paul will be speaking on the second day conference in the session Federal and Provincial Environmental Assessment – Making the Process Work. His topics include
- Federal EA – the new or the old CEAA regime?
- Can the federal and provincial EA process resolve competing Aboriginal, environment and industry demands?
- How will the Regional Framework Agreement signed by Ontario and Mattawa-member First Nations facilitate this process?
For further details about the conference and registration please click here